CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, November 4, 2007

Mouse-capades

So I was going through the pictures on my phone and came across this ... it's a picture of the hallway outside my bedroom door and into the living room. So here's the story. I came over one night to help Amber clean her stuff out of my room so I could paint it, then move in. Well, we had a slight mouse problem at the time. So Amber and I were in the room moving things out when I hear her scream bloody murder. I turn around to see what happened and she's pointing at the ground going, "Mouse! Mouse"! We cleared that room in about .2 seconds. Hence the mess in the hallway. We trapped the mouse underneith a luggage bag and barracaded it with cardboard boxes. This is about the time that Garna got home from the gym. This became a perfect roomate story that will last through all time. We emptied out a laundry hamper, got a piece of cardboard, and a painting on hard board. Amber's one and only job was to block the space under the door with the painting. Garna was to move the luggage bag, and I was to trap the mouse under the hamper. Much running, screaming and laughter ensued. Fun was had by all... I'm sure. So after the mouse ran around the room a few times, jumped on Amber, and ran under the other boxes, I finally got it under the hamper. We then proceeded to slip the cardboard piece under the hamper and flipped it over. The mouse, as we named his Sylar(yes for those of you who watch Heroes), was now inside the hamper where he couldn't escape. Amber went into her room while Garna and I went outside to, um, take care of little Sylar. This was difficult. First off he was really cute. We wanted to just let him go, but his leg was hurt, and we figured he would just find a way to get back inside somehow. So, we put a trap down into the hamper, but it went off as soon as it was dropped in. So being the ingenious people that we are, I used the cardboard piece to block Sylar on one side while Garna lowered it to the bottom. We then sat there for a while watching him to see if he would take the bait. He didn't budge, so I nudged the hamper. I walked right up ontop of the trap and started eating the peanut butter. This is him sitting on the trap.Grrrr. So finally I nudged the hamper one more time, and it got him. Didn't take a picture of that. I couldn't watch. I also heard a scream coming from Amber's room right when it went off. It was pretty funny. I did feel kind of bad for ending his little life in such a way, but I didn't feel so bad anymore when we cought 10 of his other siblings in our house after I moved it. One we actually cought about 10 minutes after we set a trap. Going after the dog food. Well, haven't seen many more lately, but they are probably still around somewhere. I hate mice!

0 comments: