CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, March 7, 2009

My latest project

So I have a bedroom set that I got years ago from my great uncle and aunt. There are 2 dressers, a mirror(which isn't finished yet) and a head and foot board. They were all a light oak color. I decided that I wanted to spruce it up a little. I wanted something darker. The wood was starting to degrade and splinter in a lot of places, so it needed a little help anyway. I called up my grandpa to borrow his sander and went to work. After a few trips to Home Depot to get sanding pads, stain, spray finish and brass cleaner, I was ready to go. I cleaned up all of the brass hardware, which suprised the heck out of me. It was nasty. It took me a few days to sand everything down. Everything had a finish on it that I had to get through for the stain to take. It took me a little over a week on and off to get everything finished. I got it all back into my room this week. It will be nice to have clothes in drawers again instead of boxes in the living room. Now I'm hoping that since I just got everything done, and my room put back together this week, that I will get the call for a new job and be headed East. I will then have to repack everything and head out. I would actually be ok with that. :) So here are a few pictures of before, during and after. I'm pretty darn proud of myself!
































































4 comments:

Alicia W said...

YOU ARE AMAZING! I'm so proud of you and how beautiful everything looks. I can't wait to hear how the job status goes. Keep me posted. We have to hang out because I'm getting big. :)

Valerie said...

Nice! You are my hero.

Crissylady said...

I am so jealous! I was just today thinking I want to try some projects like that. It looks great!!

Crystal-lynn said...

OooOOOoo! I'm definitely a fan of your new colors!